Safeguard document in 2012
HIV/AIDS, Human Trafficking Awareness and Prevention and Gender Mainstreaming Program (HATAPP)
HATAPP is carried out by the Contractor for NR56 through ————- Company as the Service Provider (SP) for both ADB and KEXIM financed Projects, SP has extended and continued its works for the approved scope of works for NR56.The HATAPP scope to cover both ADB and KEXIM financed projects was submitted to ADB for approval. International and local social and gender specialists have closely monitored the SP’s works implementation of HATAPP activities is progressing well along NR56, ~ % completed.
Please refer to Documentation for downloading report s on the implementation of HATAPP as follow:
- Construction Supervision Phase
Full resettlement plans have been prepared during the ADB loan processing for the to be improved project of the NR56 and the CBF at O’smach. Based on the data provided in original resettlement plans, 200 households out of total houses will be affected by the KEXIM Project (excluding ADB project) it will require relocation of houses and small businesses and shops.
- For NR 56, all takes were completed, except some pending payments to a few APs only.
- For CBF, APs already agreed to their compensation amount, except a few APs only and the Compensation will start very soon.
Please refer to Documentation for downloading reports on the implementation of Resettlement as follow:
- Construction supervision Phase
- Resettlement Status on NR 56, -2011
An initial environmental examination has been prepared for the NR56 section CBF at O’smach. In Northwest
Cambodia. There are several nature reserves and protected areas in the general vicinity of the project. There are shown below;
- Angkor Protected Landscape surrounds the World Heritage site of Angkor Wat temple. The edges of the reserve area are over 100 kilometers from the project road zero point.
- Tonle Sap Freshwater Lake Biosphere lies to the south of NR 6. The outer zone of the biosphere reserve, where development is permitted, is defined by the road alignment of NR 6.
- The Sarun Crane bird sanctuary lies to the north of NR 6 at a distance of approximately 25 kms.
- Roneam Doum Sam wildlife sanctuary lies to the southwest of NR 5. At the closest point the edge of the sanctuary is 10 kms from NR5 road.
- Banteay Chhmar Protected Landscape lies to the west of NR 56. At the closest point the edge of the reserve is 400 meters from the road.
The two main protected areas of interest are Bantaey Chhmar Protected Landscape and the Sarun Crane sanctuary. Vehicle related air and nose pollution is not a major environmental issue along the corridor. However, during dry seasons, lateritic dust from passing vehicles affects the quality of life for resident in vicinity of the earth roads. During road construction, the contractors will be requested to sprinkle with water on the base and sub base courses and existing road to minimize the dust impact on air pollution. Wastewater and solid waste generated by operation of Base Camp and Crusher plant have been identified as potential environmental issues which need to be addressed through the environmental management plan (EMP) and the environmental monitoring plan to be implemented through the Civil Works
Please refer to Documentation for downloading reports on the implementation of HATAPP as follow:
- Detail Design Stage phase
- Construction Supervision Phase:
- Environmental Compliance Report for NR56, -2011
Mine/ UXO clearance Works
The assessment to dealing with Mine and UXO threats has the component. A survey of the project area undertaken
by Specialist during detail design stage of the project. In concert with the specialist survey, a programmer of Minefield and UXO risk awareness is established and maintained to educate and warn not only all those who will in the project Area, but also the local population because although they may be aware of the current risk in Locality, their risk may the heightened by the Civil works activities .The project area is amongst the highest in the country for miefield risk by analyzsing and combining all the available information of obtain from CMAC and from the field survey Mine/UXO contamination level for NR56 have been identified according to the threat categories .